[Tweet “The #Canon #imagePRESS C800 features powerful and innovative technologies via @aslawetsky #productionprint”]
POING, 19 May 2014 – Demonstrating its ongoing commitment to provide print service providers (PSPs) with innovative technology to address their ever evolving needs, Canon Europe today launches a new colour production cutsheet press, the imagePRESS C800 Series.
- New imagePRESS C800 Series comprises imagePRESS C700 and C800
- Combines new and proven imagePRESS technology
- Delivers ideal blend of print quality, productivity, finishing flexibility and media handling in small scalable footprint
- Powerful print solution for production needs of commercial and in-house print environments
Comprising two models – the 70ppm imagePRESS C700 and the 80ppm imagePRESS C800 – the new series incorporates both innovative technology and enhanced proven technology from the flagship Canon imagePRESS C7011VP(S) to deliver advanced levels of print quality, productivity and versatility in both commercial and in-house print environments.
Positioned between the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9000 Series and the imagePRESS C6011(S) in Canon’s colour digital press portfolio, the imagePRESS C800 Series produces high quality output at a market-leading level of productivity. Thanks to its innovative design, it offers the versatility to create extensive and innovative applications across a wide range of media, including heavyweight coated stocks and envelopes, and can flexibly handle everything from short runs to complex variable data printing for personalised print communications.
More Canon Articles
- Photo Service Adds Wide Format Printing with Canon imagePROGRAF
- Canon mobile printing for iOS
- Canon Mobile Printing App for Android Tablets and Smartphones
The print quality of the imagePRESS C800 Series is exceptional due to the following new and improved technologies:
- Canon’s newly developed Consistently Vivid (CV) toner, which delivers higher quality print at speeds of up to 80 ppm and offers an improved transfer efficiency for enhanced colour consistency and accuracy across a wide variety of media, including embossed and rough paper surfaces for custom and premium applications.
- Compact Registration Technology (CRT) ensures that every single image is placed in the same location every time on every sheet for the highest quality results, whether printing one sheet or thousands
- A 32 beam Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL) unit with multi-exposure technology delivers an exceptional 2,400 x 2,400 dpi resolution, while supporting high productivity, and allows customers to choose from a selection of the most versatile screen patterns available.
- The new Auto Correct Colour Tone (ACCT) for multidimensional mixed colour calibration, and the upgraded Auto Gradation Adjustment(AGA), an easy-to-use colour calibration tool, enable print professionals to provide their customers with high value applications comprising the most striking images and text.
Achieving high production speeds of up to 80 impressions per minute on a wide range of media thanks to its Advanced Twin Belt Fusing unit, the imagePRESS C800 Series can run at maximum speed on heavy stock up to 220gsm without sacrificing print quality. It also offers exceptional production speeds because of innovative induction heating and cooling technologies, which enable the device to make intelligent temperature adjustments to achieve high productivity with mixed media jobs. The imagePRESS C800 Series can produce duplex print jobs on heavy weight media up to 300 gsm with highly accurate front to back registration, enabling PSPs to handle more demanding jobs without manual intervention or any impact on print room productivity.
Increasing toner transfer efficiency, the Elastic Intermediate Transfer Belt on the imagePRESS C800 Series gives the device impressive media handling capabilities and allows it to produce extensive applications on uneven media, such as textured or recycled media.
Advanced feeding technology, in the form of a new multi-drawer paper deck with three new technologies, prevents misfeeds even of coated stock. Blowing air at different speeds, depending on the type and weight of paper, together with a new separation control system and new materials in the unit, virtually eliminates paper jams and, by maximising the availability of the machine, significantly increases a print room’s efficiency and productivity.
The imagePRESS C800 Series features three innovative workflows to suit the requirements of in-house print and Graphic Arts environments: theCanon imagePRESS Printer Kit B1 – for the easy production of high-quality print jobs; the PRISMAsync iPR C800 Series A1– a single point of control for the entire production workflow with easy, intuitive operation and efficient task splitting; and the imagePRESS Server F200 andimagePRESS Server G100, two new digital front ends (DFEs) developed by digital print workflow leader EFI™. These DFEs are the first built on EFI’s new Fiery FS150 Pro and FS150 platforms respectively and offer faster processing, unsurpassed image quality and easy-to-use, automated workflows.
“As a long-time, valued partner of Canon, we are pleased to bring our newest Fiery FS150 Pro technology to market with the launch of the new imagePRESS Server F200 and G100,” said Georg Hollenbach, managing director, EFI Germany.
An extensive choice of automated in-line finishing capabilities for the imagePRESS C800 Series ensures end-to-end productivity and opens up a wide range of business opportunities with minimal manual intervention, saving time and money on every job. For maximum flexibility, the imagePRESS C800 Series is also compatible with a wide range of third party in-line finishing devices.
Commenting on the launch of the new imagePRESS C800 Series, Mark Lawn, European & UK Marketing Director, Professional Print Solutions, Canon Europe said: “By bringing to market the new imagePRESS C800 Series, we are expanding the line-up of our colour press portfolio and addressing the need for a production press that delivers exceptional quality, performance, and application flexibility for customers who don’t have the necessary volumes for the existing imagePRESS C7011 Series.
Lawn continued: “The imagePRESS C800 Series features powerful and innovative technologies that offer the highest quality, productivity and reliability, together with flexible finishing options, to meet the requirements of in-house and commercial print environments. We’re confident that the combination of the imagePRESS brand name and the outstanding capabilities of the new series will make it a very attractive proposition for the market.”