New 5th- and 6th- gen HP Indigo digital solutions engineered to provide fast growth opportunities
PALO ALTO, Calif., March 10, 2020 — Ahead of drupa, HP Inc. (NYSE: HPQ) today announced two new bold and transformational HP Indigo generations designed for print service providers and converters to digitally print significantly higher volumes profitably. Thanks to innovations driving higher speed and productivity, both digital press platforms will unlock new opportunities for the analog-to-digital transformation.
- The new B2-format HP Indigo 100K Digital Press for commercial print, the first press in the new Series 5 platform, is engineered for higher productivity to deliver more than one million B2 duplex sheets per month. Printing at 6000 sheets per hour, the press is designed for offset players to adopt highly productive, on-demand printing with less waste. Commercial availability at drupa.
- For label production, the HP Indigo V12 Digital Press, designed with next-generation HP Indigo LEPX architecture, is a narrow-web press that exploits the core power of Indigo’s Liquid Electrophotography (LEP) technology. First in the Series 6 platform, the HP Indigo V12 offers up to 12 colors on press, a speed of up to 120 meters per minute (400 f/pm), and multiplies productivity performance to match analog speed.1 A new, automated color-matching technology, Spot Master, provides the industry’s fastest time-to-color.2
The drupa portfolio also delivers continued innovation in eight additional new presses: the B2 HP Indigo 15K, SRA3+ HP Indigo 7K and HP Indigo 7eco for commercial printing, the HP Indigo 6K, HP Indigo 8K, HP Indigo 25K for labels and packaging, and the HP Indigo 35K and B1 HP Indigo 90K for folding carton and specialty applications. Value packs with upgrade options will allow existing customers to benefit from these new features and capabilities.
“The need for high-quality, versatility and productive digital printing is crucial today, given the rising demand for same-day delivery, sustainability and customized print experiences. With the new portfolio, we’ve set the stage for our customers to grow and build the print factories of the future. In today’s fast-paced environment, where jobs can suddenly land on your doorstep, customers need the agility to react quickly so they can profitably cash in on those opportunities,” said Santi Morera, general manager and global head of graphics solutions, HP Inc.
“Over the last four years, HP customers have almost doubled business, generating $15 billion in revenue in the last year alone from over 100 million print orders.3 We believe the dramatic innovations in our drupa portfolio will usher in a new era that will drive continued growth for customers over the next decade and beyond,” said Alon Bar-Shany, general manager, HP Indigo.
New HP Indigo 100K commercial press creates more profit opportunities
The world’s most productive digital B2 solution,4 the HP Indigo 100K Digital Press is designed for high productivity required by offset players to transition more work to digital and boost sustainability with on-demand printing.
Engineered for nonstop printing, the new HP Indigo 100K is Indigo’s first Series 5 press and delivers significantly higher productivity with Indigo’s renowned digital offset look and feel. Delivering 6000 sheets per hour5, the HP Indigo 100K four-color press boosts margins on short-run digital production and introduces new calculations that confirm a lower total cost of ownership. The HP Indigo 100K uses advanced paper handling and offset-like gripper-to-gripper design for precision registration, and also enjoys boosted digital capabilities including a five-input source feeder, color automation, calibration and fast switchover between jobs and media.
Customer beta testing, launched before 2019 peak season, is now concluding at commercial PSPs globally, including offset players. The HP Indigo 100K is scheduled for commercial release at drupa.
Since its drupa 2012 debut, the HP Indigo B2 format digital sheetfed is the market leader with more than 1000 units sold.6
New LEPX architecture unleashes the power of HP Indigo
LEPX releases the core physics of LEP technology, producing Indigo’s renowned, high-quality digital printing. In LEPX architecture, six imaging engines operate inline simultaneously, instead of LEP’s single engine, multiplying speed to match analog with the added benefits of digital printing. As a result, LEPX offers the speed and efficiency for PSPs to profitably produce large print volumes than previously possible.
Highlights of the LEPX:
- Operators can run jobs at a single predictable speed, regardless of the type of graphics, ink coverage or specialty colors.
- Up to 12-colors on press. Change inks on the fly and create any color combination.
- Crisp 1600 dpi native print resolution.
- The HP Indigo V12 narrow-web press prints at 120 linear meters/min (400 fpm) for any job with up to 6 colors, comparable to analog speed. The press also supports the digital label industry’s largest range of substrates, from 12 microns unsupported film to 450-micron (18 pt) board, using the integrated inline primer.