Pledge reinforces Ricoh’s commitment to help build a more environmentally sound future, aligning with United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals
EXTON, Pa., July 7, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Ricoh USA, Inc. today announced that it has joined AMERICA IS ALL IN, the most expansive coalition of leaders in the U.S. supporting climate action. AMERICA IS ALL IN aims to reach at least 50% U.S. greenhouse gas emissions reduction by 2030 compared to 2005 levels and to reach net zero emissions by 2050, while curtailing climate disruption. Ricoh’s pledge builds upon its long-standing commitment to combat climate change and to help create a more environmentally sustainable society.
“Ricoh promotes sustainability in all of our business practices and focuses on reducing our environmental footprint through four fundamental environmental pillars: energy conservation, resource conservation, pollution prevention and biodiversity conservation,” said Donna Venable, Executive Vice President, Human Resources and Deputy General Manager, Shared Services, Ricoh North America. “Protecting and championing our natural resources lies at the heart of everything we do, and we expect nothing less from our partners, customers and suppliers. We are proud to advocate for a prosperous, equitable and sustainable future that fosters environmental health.”
Ricoh’s pledge to AMERICA IS ALL IN aligns with its three founding principles – “The Spirit of Three Loves,” consisting of “love your neighbor,” “love your country” and “love your work.” The dedication to these principles has produced efforts, initiatives and recognitions that demonstrate actionable and measurable progress. Recent examples include:
- In June, Ricoh celebrated Global SDG’s Action Month with activities that help strengthen the company’s Environmental, Social and Governance(ESG) and United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) values.
- In May, Ricoh awarded two students with the Ricoh Sustainable Development Award(RSDA) presented at the Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF).
- In April, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) named Ricoh an ENERGY STAR®Partner of the Year for six consecutive years and distinction as a Sustained Excellence Partner for four.
- The first Japanese company to join RE100, Ricoh has pledged to source 100% of energy from renewable sources by 2050, with an interim goal of at least 50% renewable energy by 2030. Ricoh has also set an interim target of 30% by March 2023, accelerating its renewable energy transition by eight years. Currently, eight Ricoh USAoffices are 100% renewable energy dependent, including facilities in Illinois, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas.
Other recent Ricoh accolades include:
- PRINTING United Sustainable Business Recognition Award(April 2021)
- GOLD rating by EcoVadis since 2014(March 2021)
- CDP2020 Supplier Engagement Leaderboard(Feb 2021)
- S&P Global Sustainability Award Silver Class(Feb 2021)
- Dow Jones Sustainability World Index(Nov 2020)
- FTSE4Goodfor 17 consecutive years (July 2020)
| About Ricoh |
Ricoh is empowering digital workplaces using innovative technologies and services that enable individuals to work smarter from anywhere.
With cultivated knowledge and organizational capabilities nurtured over its 85-years history, Ricoh is a leading provider of digital services and information management, and print and imaging solutions designed to support digital transformation and optimize business performance.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group has major operations throughout the world and its products and services now reach customers in approximately 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ended March 2021, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 1,682 billion yen (approx. 15.1 billion USD).
For further information, please visit www.ricoh.com
© 2021 Ricoh USA, Inc. All rights reserved. All referenced product names are the trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE Ricoh USA, Inc.
For further information: Contacts: John Greco, Ricoh USA, Inc., (973) 882-2023, email@example.com, Tracey Sheehy, Breakaway Communications for Ricoh, (908) 705-4596, ricohPR@breakawaycom.com